Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Food and Thankfulness

It has been almost 2 weeks since we have started to eat organic meat without hormones and chemicals. We also been eating a lot more locally grown fruits & veggies. We have been impressed with how much better and more energetic we've felt since the change. It's also interesting how we don't feel so well after eating out at restaurants that don't serve organic meats and locally grown veggies. The extra money spent toward groceries is so worth it. In fact, we're probably saving money because now the thought of eating out isn't so appetizing.

Switching gears ...

I've decided that each time I blog, I will include a list of 10 things I'm thankful for. :) A friend of mine once told me that each morning she makes a list of things she's thankful for and her goal was to think of something new each day. What a great way to start the day. Since I lack the ability to wake up any earlier than 6:00am (actually I just don't want to wake up earlier), I will just post my thankful somethings when I blog. That's a good start, right?

I'm Thankful for ...

1 - A husband who I can openly communicate with
2 - The laughter that Bruiser gives me when he sneaks up on Kona to pounce on her
3 - Netflix
4 - Remote controls
5 - A family that I ENJOY spending time with
6 - In-laws and a sister-in-law that I LOVE
7 - The way prayer brings me peace
8 - The innocence of young children
9 - Turbie Twist Hair Towels
10 - A career and work environment that I look forward to each day




NYC - October 2010

No comments: