This past weekend, AJ and I watched the movie Food Inc.. It was a very thought provoking film. We constantly had to hit pause throughout the movie to make comments and have little side discussions. The lifestyle of the animals in most "farms" is horrible and brought on a huge feeling of guilt. Chickens trapped inside dark, overcrowded chicken houses. Cattle standing in a foot of their own manure with little room to walk around. If you haven't seen the movie, it's definitely worth 94 minutes of your time! Since watching the movie, we returned our unopened frozen chicken to the store. Thankfully I save all my receipts! After that, we made a trip to Sprouts and bought free range chicken meat and grass fed beef. Yes, it's a little more expensive. However, it feels good knowing that the meat I'm eating came from farmers who respect their animals wellbeing. It's also nice to know that I'm not eating chemicals and hormones that are used daily in most other meats!
No comments:
Post a Comment