So much has happened since my last post.
1 – AJ and I spent a week in Venice, Italy! It was wonderful and so romantic. We had a great time experiencing the culture there and seeing how the locals live.
2 – Four days before school started, our townhouse flooded. A pipe burst behind our toilet on the third floor. Water ran down all 3 levels, destroying walls and dry wall on all levels. There was water standing in the kitchen, on the 2nd floor, causing our bamboo floors to warp and buckle. The carpet on the 3rd floor is destroyed and stained. Oh and did I mention that it also destroyed part of the walls and the ceiling in our garage?! We’re living in a hotel for about 2 months until everything is complete. After experiencing this, I have 1 piece of advice … Make sure you have great insurance. We are so thankful that we followed our insurance agent’s recommendations. They are taking great care of us while we’re out of our home. I’ll blog about this later and include some photos of the damage.
3 – I started my 3rd year of teaching and I have an awesome class. I am the ESL teacher this year and I have a handful of kids who speak Spanish and other languages. I love all of my kids and I think this is a very balanced class. The parents of my kids are wonderful too. I’m really excited about this year!
1 comment:
Oh wow, I can't believe it flooded. That is horrible. I hope it all gets fixed in a timely manner. I'm glad you are enjoying your class.
Post a Comment